Riders Code of Conduct:
- I will ride for FUN! and be proud of being a BMX rider.
- I will work hard to improve my skills.
- I will be a team player – get along with other BMX riders. Appreciate the contributions that each racer makes to the sport.
- I will learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and discipline.
- I will be on time for coaching and races, and be both mentally and physically prepared for each coaching and race session.
- I will learn the rules and play by them. Winning isn’t everything.
- I will respect my coaches, parents, opponents, officials, and the volunteers.
- I will control my temper – fighting or mouthing off can spoil the activity for everyone.
- I will respect all facilities and equipment made available.
- I will not use profanity, abusive language or threatening behavior towards and rider, parent or track official.
Parent’s Code of Conduct:
- I will support my child’s desire to ride BMX, offer encouragement and take an interest in them and their club.
- I will allow my child to establish their own goals, and participate for themselves.
- I will offer positive reinforcement, being aware that it is the best way to help my child achieve their goals.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will display a positive attitude towards all participants.
- I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good riding and performances by both my child and their opponents.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to BMX for my child.
- I will encourage my child to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will remember that my child rides for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
Coaches Code of Conduct:
- I will be aware that winning is a consideration but not the only one.
- I will be a positive role model to all riders.
- I will keep open lines of communication with parents and riders.
- I will encourage all riders to be team players.
- I will strive toward the overall developmental improvement of all riders.
- I will never yell at or ridicule a child.
- I will be a positive role model, applauding good effort in both victory and defeat.
- I will re-enforce positive points of each race.